Tuition Support Programs For Orphan Children
In addition to the main objective Programs the Board of Yashoda Foundation observed the critical need of improving the academics of the Orphan Children and observed that most of students who are studying from 6th to 10th classes need support to improve their performance in subjects such as Mathematics, Science and English, as these are the only subjects in which students face difficulty to get good marks. In view of the above Yashoda Foundation launched a the “Tuition Support Programs for Orphan Homes”.
At the initial stage, we have assessed the need of tuition support to the orphan homes, and we have short listed few Orphan Homes who are seeking the support. We have initiated the program taking 32 Orphan Homes into consideration. The programs were executed in the month of August 2012 with support of the respective volunteers coming forward to teach the Orphan children as tutors. Currently Yashoda Foundation is supporting 50 Orphan Homes with 69 tuition volunteers. The results have been phenomenal as we have witnessed higher scores than the past percentage of these Homes.
Highlights of the programs :
- Tutors will go to the orphan homes on a regular basis
- The marks of every unit test will be considered and compared to understand/assess the improvement in concerned subjects
- Yashoda Foundation will be providing honorarium for all the Tuition Volunteers
- Volunteers monitoring the program will visit the Orphan Homes to check about the day to day improvements and the impact of the programs.
- Special Summer Camp: Special Summer Camp was conducted for nearly 2 months (April & May ) for the upcoming 82 and 15 orphan homes. In this Camp the teachers focused on Mathematics & science subjects.
- SSC Results 2017 Update: Of the 137 students who appeared for the SSC Examination, 119 have passed.